Inspired by a blog header

I was watching Sue Wilson at the weekend on C&C and she did this technique of slotting dies into one another, so I thought I would give it a go too. Rather than just put paper behind the aperture, you actually cut the die out again and place it in the space left behind. So the poppy die has been used to cut from the red spotted paper. The middle panel is actually debossed on the edges, because I wanted to show the embossing around the poppies die and I probably cut it out the wrong way around!

I share a love of Poppies with Brenda on Floral Fantasies and she has a comp running to design a card based on her blog, so I chose her blog header with the poppies.

I'd also like to enter this card into the Friendship card challenge on Crafty Cardmakers.

However, I like the effect. I then went on to try again with this card but with out the embossing showing around the poppies.


Comments

brenda said…
I can see you have been indulging is some lovely new dies Lynn and what super creations you have made with them.

I was looking at the first and wondering what you had done, what a nice idea and it's very effective, especially with the bold colours you have used which are very me, as are the poppies.

Thanks so much for joining in my blog celebration.

B x
Mynn xx said…
This is divine! LOVE the bold colors you used--and this technique is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)
Julie Reed said…
I love how yiu have used your dies and great colours, i am really loving orange at the mo, thanks for joining us at CCM this week.
Jules:)
Lisa Jane said…
wow what a fabulous idea .. i love the colorus and i like you and Brenda love poppies
Lisa x
Viv said…
Awesome colour combo - the bold look is terrific. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this challenge and good luck!
Inkyfingers said…
I love your poppy dies and this is a great technique Lynn. The first one particularly looks so elegant.
J said…
What a lovely bright and cheerful card! Thank you for sharing it (and a new technique) with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie
Merry said…
What clever technique and fantastic cards.