Wood @ The Male room and a book you should read!

The challenge at The Male Room is to show wood on your project - faux or real. I've used a Sheena Douglass embossing folder on Kraft card and then rubbed over with a gilding wax to enhance the grain, then used the same wax to distress the card base. As  cut the card it left behind some stray edges at the bottom which I kept as I thought it made it look even more like wood.My tools are cut from mirri and the same cardstock. Finally I used a sentiment die from Swedish House Crafts to cut out from some more of the embossed card, which is where I also got the skull buttons from.

I have a book review blog at www.booksimo.blogspot.co.uk and don't often promote books on this blog, but this book is a must read if you are a crafter. Based on Christine Emberson and her crafting role.


As I used snippets for this card I'm also off to the Snippet Playground to show everyone my make.

Comments

Merry said…
Wonderful card, great technique of creating that wood panel.
Jane Willis said…
Absolutely super card, just my kind of card! In fact that die set and that book are both on my current wish list
Jane
Di said…
Great card Lynn! What a die set that is - so useful!

And, I skipped over to Amazon and bought the book for my Kindle - I love Carole Matthews anyhow, Christine is a real sweetie so along with the crafting aspect it promises to be a great read!

Hugs

Di xx
Dotty Jo said…
Great man card! I once had the pleasure of hosting Carol Matthews at the library where I worked. She was such a lovely person. Must take a look at that book, Jo x
Barb said…
I love your card and the way you,ve done the tools looks super. What a great card for a DIY fan and the skull buttons are great fun. Barbxx
Mac Mable said…
Fabulous masculine card. Do so love the embossed wood and the 'white'/wood card stock at the back x Yes the book is on my wish list x
Juls said…
Fab card xx
Craftychris said…
What a fabulous male card! The faux wood looks so real - just brilliant! xxx
SUPER SUPER wood card, love that you used it for the tools too. Thanks for joining The Male Room challenge and a lovely card from me.
Faith
x
Deborah Frings said…
I do like your wooden panel - it really does have great texture. I think the addition of the wood work tools is brilliant. Thanks so much for playing along with our Wood stash challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.